A murder suspect has been arrested in connection with the death of Migos rapper Takeoff, according to the Houston Police Department.
The 33-year-old, Patrick Xavier Clark has been charged with the fatal shooting of the rapper Takeoff outside a bowling alley in Houston last month.
Takeoff was described by police as an innocent bystander who was killed after an argument that did not involve him ended in gunfire.
The man, Patrick Xavier Clark, was arrested in eastern Houston on Thursday evening, according to Houston Police Department Chief Troy Finner.
According to police, the shooting occurred after some guests at the party engaged in a dice game and an argument broke out.
“I can tell you that Takeoff was not involved in playing in the dice game, he was not involved in the argument that happened outside, he was not armed,” said Sgt. Michael Burrow of the Houston Police. “He was an innocent bystander.”
Chief Finner said that Takeoff had been in the “wrong place at the wrong time.”
Takeoff released his first solo track “Intruder” in 2017 and his debut album, The Last Rocket, in 2018.
Prosecutors want Clark’s bail set at $1,000,000. According to the documents, prosecutors are also asking the judge to place Clark under house arrest if he gets out on bail.
ADDITIONAL INPUT: NEWS AGENCIES