A Form 4 student at Kaputir Mixed Secondary School, Turkana South, died while three others go blind after allegedly consuming hand sanitizer.
The students are said to have consumed the hand sanitizer on Tuesday, February 16, inside their science laboratory.
Reports indicated that 11 students from the school complained of stomach pains, and had to be taken to the hospital.
The students are aged between 16 and 17.
The parents at Kaputir Secondary School expressed their disappointment and demanded that the principal resigns, and the Board of Management be abolished.
The school management however refused to address the media on the issue.Speaking to journalists one of the survivors who aspires to be a medical doctor regretted his actions, stating that his dream may have been shattered by his ‘stupidity’.
Another one termed himself lucky since he had drunk from a cup that had a mixture of the hand sanitizer and water.
“I am, however, feeling some pain in the throat and stomach,” he said.
The body of the deceased student was taken to Lodwar Referral Morgue waiting for burial on Tuesday.
Do you have a story that you would want us to publish? Send it to us today, via: email@example.com